This Portuguese beans and meat stew recipe is one of the most traditional and ancient dishes in Portuguese gastronomy, and is absolutely delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of white beans2 bay leaves1 tablespoon of olive oil3/4 lb of ribs1 farinheira1 linguiça sausage1/4 lb of bacon1 onion2 carrots (diced)4 tablespoons of margarine2 tomatoes (diced)1 garlic clove1 branch of parsleySalt and pepper (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Soak the beans in cold water for about 6 hours.
- Place the beans in a cooking pot, cover them with water, add the olive oil and one bay leave. Season with salt (to taste) and boil for about an hour.
- On a different pot, boil the ribs, the sausage, the farinheira, the bacon and the carrots.
- On another cooking pan with some margarine, add the chopped onion, chopped garlic, parsley, the tomatoes, the other bay leaf and let everything sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the meats and the carrots and allow all the ingredients to cook for a while.
- Drain the beans and add them to the stew, also add a cup of the water or more used to boil the meats.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve it with white rice and enjoy it with a glass of Portuguese red wine.
Like this recipe? Add a comment!