Portuguese Beans & Meat Stew Recipe
- Soak the beans in cold water for about 6 hours.
- Place the beans in a cooking pot, cover them with water, add the olive oil and one bay leave. Season with salt (to taste) and boil for about an hour.
- On a different pot, boil the ribs, the sausage, the farinheira, the bacon and the carrots.
- On another cooking pan with some margarine, add the chopped onion, chopped garlic, parsley, the tomatoes, the other bay leaf and let everything sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the meats and the carrots and allow all the ingredients to cook for a while.
- Drain the beans and add them to the stew, also add a cup of the water or more used to boil the meats.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve it with white rice and enjoy it with a glass of Portuguese red wine.
You Might Also Like These