This Portuguese style tuna stuffed peppers recipe creates a rich, tasty and out of the norm hearty meal. Chouriço (Portuguese sausage) is a key ingredient as well, for that extra kick, and its easy and quick to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
8 oz. of fresh Tuna Steak2 large bell peppers split in halves2 teaspoons of lemon juice1 small chourico or half cut into small pieces2 tablespoons of chopped parsley2 tablespoons of olive oil4 tablespoons of grated cheese2 garlic cloves chopped1 tomato choppedSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the Tuna and the Chourico in a bowl, cut them into pieces, and add the chopped tomato, garlic, the parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl and mix very well.
- Put the mix into the 4 halves of pepper and cover/top each with a tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Bom apetite!
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.
In this video Pedro Ramos shows you how to make a seafood cataplana (a popular dish from the Algarve region).
Here are 25 highly-rated restaurants in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, based on online ratings and reviews.
This Portuguese torresmos brancos (fried pork belly) is quite simple and all you need is three ingredients: water, coarse sea salt and thickly cut pork belly pieces.
This Portuguese style pizza with linguiça, São Jorge cheese and bolo do caco dough is delicious.
Christmas is more than just Santa Claus, bright lights and presents. For Christians, the season, marked by the start of Advent, begins a period that culminates with the birth of Jesus.