Portuguese Style Parisienne Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: SidesMon, Nov 7, 2016
5 out of 5 with 566 ratings
Views: 358138 - Comments 22
This Portuguese style Parisienne potatoes recipe creates the incredible tasting potatoes we love so much but usually buy them already made.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Parisienne potatoes are small, round potatoes that have been scooped into balls using a melon baller or parisienne scoop. The potatoes are then usually cooked in butter or oil until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are a classic French potato dish and are often served as a side dish or as part of a more elaborate potato dish. Parisienne potatoes can be seasoned with herbs, garlic, or other spices to add flavor, and they can be served with a variety of sauces or dips.
1 pound (lb) of parisienne potatoes (small potato balls), peeled1⁄2 cup of olive oil1 tablespoon of garlic salt2 teaspoons of paprika2 tablespoons of dried oregano1 tablespoon of roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix2 tablespoons of olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Combine the potatoes and spices with the half cup of olive oil.
- Mix everything so all potatoes are coated.
- Place in the fridge for about 4 hours so it marinates.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a glass baking dish, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread it well on bottom of the dish.
- Place the marinated potatoes on bottom of dish in a single row.
- Bake for about 1 hour and flip the potatoes half way through cooking.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Dannygirl, food.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015