This Portuguese sawdust pudding recipe makes a dessert to die for, the main ingredients are Maria biscuits, condensed milk and whip cream.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Ready In||2 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk18 Maria biscuits1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 cup of whip cream4 tablespoons of chocolate shavings Get Portuguese ingredients
- Powder or crush the Maria biscuits into small bits.
- Whip the cream until it turns into soft peaks.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla extract and whip again until stiff peaks are formed. Do not over whip or else you will end up with butter. I recommend using a blender.
- In glass bowls, first put a layer of Maria biscuits powder or crushed.
- Add a layer of cream and repeat with further layers of Maria biscuits and cream (Make sure that the Maria biscuits layer is very thin so it can be softened by the cream).
- The last layer should be a very thin layer of Maria biscuits, just a sprinkle.
- Garnish by sprinkling chocolate shavings over it.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and take it out 15 minutes before serving.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.
The best pumpkin pie , Thanksgiving dessert, see our secrets for a crisp crust and the best pumpkin pie filling!
Chris from Don't Go Bacon My Heart shows you how to make this delicious piri piri chicken pasta, it's creamy, nice & spicy and loaded with so much flavour!.