This Portuguese octopus salad with black eyed peas recipe makes a great autumn salad and is one of the easiest meals to prepare.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Ready In||15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 cans of octopus in oil1/2 onion1/2 yellow or red bell pepper2 cans of black eyed peas2 tablespoons of red wine vinegarExtra virgin olive oil (to taste)Fresh black pepper (to taste)Coarse salt (to taste)Fresh parsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Mince the onion, chop the bell pepper and set aside.
- Run the beans through cold water, drain, and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain the vegetable oil from the canned octopus and add the octopus to the bowl with the beans.
- Add the onion, the bell pepper and mix.
- Add 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and cover with a generous amount of olive oil, about 6 tablespoons.
- Mix it all up, season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
In this video, Camy Arriola teaches you how to cut onions without crying. This easy way to cut an onion will not make you cry because you aren't severing the root. Make sure to always cut onions this way to make...
Learn how to make Portuguese holy ghost soup (sopas do espírito santo) in this video with Michael Santos.
Welcome back to Travel, Eat, Repeat hosted by Iz Harris! On today's episode, Iz is in beautiful Porto, Portugal to have more egg tarts and the francesinha sandwich.