Portuguese Octopus Salad with Black Eyed Peas Recipe
Posted in: Salads
Nov 11, 2016
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
2 cans of octopus in oil1/2 onion1/2 yellow or red bell pepper2 cans of black eyed peas2 tablespoons of red wine vinegarExtra virgin olive oil (to taste)Fresh black pepper (to taste)Coarse salt (to taste)Fresh parsley (to taste)
- Mince the onion, chop the bell pepper and set aside.
- Run the beans through cold water, drain, and place them in a large bowl.
- Drain the vegetable oil from the canned octopus and add the octopus to the bowl with the beans.
- Add the onion, the bell pepper and mix.
- Add 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and cover with a generous amount of olive oil, about 6 tablespoons.
- Mix it all up, season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.