Portuguese Christmas Mexidos Recipe
Posted in: Holiday Treats
Nov 13, 2016
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1 and 1/2 liters of water1/2 cup of port wine1 tablespoon of butterPeel of half lemon1 cinnamon stick1 cup of honey1 tea cup of sugarA pinch of salt1/4 cup of pinenuts1/4 cup of almonds1/4 cup of walnuts1/4 cup of raisins1/2 lb of bread (2 days old)Ground cinnamon
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan, put the water and everything except the bread, nuts and raisins.
- Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread in very fine slices and add a small quantity of boiling water to form a paste.
- Add this paste to the pan carefully (make sure it doesn't have lumps), add the nuts and the raisins.
- Boil for 5 minutes, or until it forms into smooth paste, while continuing to stir.
- Put in a plate and, when cold, draw some christmas motifs with cinnamon.