Portuguese Christmas Egg Custard Recipe
Posted in: Holiday Treats
Nov 15, 2016
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
5 tablespoons of sugar2 tablespoons of corn starch2 cups whole milk3 egg yolks1/2 stick of cinnamon1 slice lemon peel
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs and the milk with a whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the cornflour and sugar and mix very well.
- Add the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and heat in a saucepan on low to medium heat stirring continuously.
- Do not let the custard boil. If it begins to boil remove from heat to cool down while you keep stirring.
- The custard should be thick enough to coat the spoon like pudding.
- Pour into a serving platter or individual ramekins and let it cool to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- When the custard has cooled, sprinkle some sugar on top and brown it in the oven broiler or with a cooking torch.