Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Skewers Recipe
- For the piri piri chicken: In a food processor, combine chiles, garlic, vinegar and salt. Pulse until everything is finely minced. With the machine running, add the ⅔ cup of olive oil and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with ⅔ cup of the piri piri mixture to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for about 30 minutes or preferably overnight. Cover and chill the remaining piri piri sauce.
- Prepare a grill for medium-hot heat or place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread 4 to 5 pieces of chicken onto each skewer.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the grill with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Grill the chicken, turning and basting often with the remaining ⅓ cup of sauce, until the chicken is cooked through and charred in spots, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cabbage and cucumber slaw: In a large mixing bowl, toss the cabbage, cucumber, onion, mint, olive oil, lime juice and zest. Season with salt.
- To serve, divide the chicken skewers, slaw and flatbreads among 4 plates. Serve the remaining piri piri sauce alongside for dipping.
You Might Also Like These