Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Pasta Recipe
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Nov 20, 2016
5 out of 5 with 6 ratings
5 teaspoons of olive oil2 garlic cloves, crushed1 red onion, peeled, halved and sliced1 lb of chicken fillets, thinly sliced¼ cup (60ml) of piri piri sauce1 cup (250ml) of cream1/2 lb of oven-roasted cherry tomatoesSalt and freshly milled black pepper1 lb of cooked pasta, such as, fettuccine, tagliatelle or pappardelle Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or wide frying pan. Add the onion and fry for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken strips and stir fry on a high heat, for 3-5 minutes, to brown the chicken.
- Stir in the piri piri sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream and oven-roasted tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle over the pasta and serve.