Portuguese almond cupcakes (Queijadas de Amêndoa) are a traditional Portuguese dessert and perfect for those who have a sweet tooth.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 cup of water2 egg yolks3 eggs2 ounces of chopped almonds1 cup of flour3/4 cup of sugar1 cupcake baking sheet1/4 cup of almonds, chopped1 tablespoon of powdered sugar12 cupcake baking papers Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the water and the sugar in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Mix the eggs with the yolks and the 2 ounces of almonds in a bowl and then once it is an even consistency, add to the saucepan with the water and sugar.
- Stir the contents in the saucepan with a spoon until it reaches a smooth and even consistency. Once done, pour the mixture in a bowl and mix with the flour until it is smooth and consistent.
- Now prepare the cupcake pan by greasing it with some spray oil or butter.
- Place the mixture in the saucepan in the cupcake pan(s) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and dust with the powdered sugar and garnish with the 1/4 cup of chopped almonds. Enjoy!
You might also like:
Europe's last secret paradise, Madeira.
The hot table at Casa Portuguesa Portuguese restaurant in Toronto is the stuff of dreams.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you how to make Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).