Portuguese Almond Cupcakes Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Nov 23, 2016
3 out of 5 with 81 ratings
1/2 cup of water2 egg yolks3 eggs2 ounces of chopped almonds1 cup of flour3/4 cup of sugar1 cupcake baking sheet1/4 cup of almonds, chopped1 tablespoon of powdered sugar12 cupcake baking papers
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the water and the sugar in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Mix the eggs with the yolks and the 2 ounces of almonds in a bowl and then once it is an even consistency, add to the saucepan with the water and sugar.
- Stir the contents in the saucepan with a spoon until it reaches a smooth and even consistency. Once done, pour the mixture in a bowl and mix with the flour until it is smooth and consistent.
- Now prepare the cupcake pan by greasing it with some spray oil or butter.
- Place the mixture in the saucepan in the cupcake pan(s) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and dust with the powdered sugar and garnish with the 1/4 cup of chopped almonds. Enjoy!