These crispy potatoes and tomatoes with garlic, wine combined with the olive oil, create a beautifully flavored side dish.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 30 min|
|Ready In||1 h 45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of new baby potatoes8 ounces of grape or cherry tomatoes, divided in half6 cloves garlic, crushed3 tablespoons of olive oil2 bay leaves1/4 cup white wineSalt and pepper (to taste) 3 tablespoons of butter, cut into small cubes3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Cut the potatoes in half or thirds and Cut 1/2 of the tomatoes in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, the cut tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, olive oil and white wine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the mix to a roasting pan and spread it out into a even layer. Distribute the butter evenly over the potatoes and cover the roasting pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425F. Remove the foil and stir in the remaining whole tomatoes. Roast, uncovered for about 1/2 hour or until the potatoes are tender and golden and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard. Stir the parsley into the potatoes. Serve immediately and drizzle the pan sauce over the tomatoes.
You might also like:
Steve Cha (aka Rockstar Eater) tries Portuguese food for the first time, at Natas Pastries in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles, California).
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.
Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos, shows you how to make this delicious Terceira Island alcatra clay pot roast from Uma Casa Restaurant.