Portuguese Roast Potatoes with Tomatoes Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesSun, Nov 27, 2016
3 out of 5 with 52 ratings
Views: 46574 - Comments 2
2 lbs of new baby potatoes8 ounces of grape or cherry tomatoes, divided in half6 cloves garlic, crushed3 tablespoons of olive oil2 bay leaves1/4 cup white wineSalt and pepper (to taste) 3 tablespoons of butter, cut into small cubes3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Cut the potatoes in half or thirds and Cut 1/2 of the tomatoes in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, the cut tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, olive oil and white wine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the mix to a roasting pan and spread it out into a even layer. Distribute the butter evenly over the potatoes and cover the roasting pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425F. Remove the foil and stir in the remaining whole tomatoes. Roast, uncovered for about 1/2 hour or until the potatoes are tender and golden and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard. Stir the parsley into the potatoes. Serve immediately and drizzle the pan sauce over the tomatoes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: myportuguesekitchen.com
Christina - 2 Years ago
These are delicious! Well worth the time and wonderful with spatchcocked portugese chicken.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Great to hear Christina.
2 Years ago (+0) (-0)