Portuguese Chouriço (Sausage) Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Saute onions and peppers for a few minutes in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Add a layer of onions followed by a layer of meat.
- Top with cheese.
- Begin gently rolling the dough evenly.
- Sprinkle the corn meal on a large sheet pan or pizza pan. Place the bread on pan. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the bread is golden and crispy.
- Let cool slightly before cutting.
You Might Also Like These