Portuguese Chouriço (Sausage) Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Dec 8, 2016
3 out of 5 with 96 ratings
1 1/2 pound of store bought pizza dough or make your own1 small chourico or linguica sausage (cut into thin slices)3 slices of salami (cut into strips)3 or 4 slices of ham (cut into strips)1 medium red pepper (sliced)1 medium onion (sliced)1 cup of shredded cheese1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of olive oil1 tablespoon of coarse corn meal
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Saute onions and peppers for a few minutes in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Add a layer of onions followed by a layer of meat.
- Top with cheese.
- Begin gently rolling the dough evenly.
- Sprinkle the corn meal on a large sheet pan or pizza pan. Place the bread on pan. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the bread is golden and crispy.
- Let cool slightly before cutting.