These Portuguese Christmas biscuits are easy and simple to make and are perfect for the holidays, give them a try.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 cup of softened margarine2 cups of all-purpose flour1/2 cup of sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 eggPowdered sugar for garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, margarine and the egg until a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla extract and beat for another 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until it obtains a homogeneous mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin dusted with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
no baking powder?
1 year ago, Monday, December 5, 2022
You might also like:
Chef Keoni Chang shares this Hawaiian style Portuguese sweet bread French toast recipe that's an irresistible local breakfast favorite!
Highlights of some of the major touristic locations near Fatima which is composed of unforgettable experiences: the history of the Monastery of Batalha, be fascinated by the breathtaking views of Nazaré and enjoy...
The oldest known book on Portuguese cuisine, entitled Livro de Cozinha da Infanta D. Maria de Portugal, from the 16th century, describes many popular medieval dishes of meat, fish, poultry and others.