Portuguese Christmas Biscuits Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Cookies
Dec 23, 2016
3 out of 5 with 13 ratings
1/2 cup of softened margarine2 cups of all-purpose flour1/2 cup of sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 eggPowdered sugar for garnish
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, margarine and the egg until a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla extract and beat for another 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until it obtains a homogeneous mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the dough on a table dusted with flour and knead it a little with your hands. Then, roll out the pastry with a rolling pin dusted with some flour. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake about 15 minutes until the biscuits begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These