Roasted Quail is a very traditional Portuguese recipe, it is a game meat with a unique and flavorful taste. This recipe is simple and easy to make and combined with some roasted potatoes and Portuguese seasonings, It will impress on any occasion.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 quails, chopped into halves8 garlic cloves, minced1 teaspoon of paprika2 tablespoons of olive oil1 pound of potatoes, deskinned1/2 cup of Portuguese white wine1 teaspoon of parsley, choppedSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)1 bay leaf Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop the quails in half or along the spine.
- Season the quails in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, paprika, white wine, and a bay leaf.
- Let it marinate for about 2-3 hours.
- Once the quails have marinated, preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a greased baking dish, place the quails and potatoes and cover the quails with the marinade from the bowl.
- Cook the quails in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until it is well browned on the outside.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Alheira is a type of Portuguese sausage, made with meats (usually pork, veal, duck, chicken, quail or rabbit) and bread.
People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases.
Portugal is the most western country in Europe and has a fascinating and proud history that can be felt throughout the country. Let's explore some of the fascinating facts and history of Portugal.