These Portuguese lemon cookies will melt in your mouth, they are like shortbread cookies with lemon zest.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cups of white flour1 cup of sugar1 cup of butter at room temperature2 eggs1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by beating the eggs with the sugar and the zest of the lemon.
- Add the lemon juice and the butter and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix only until you have a homogeneous batter. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC (410ºF). Sprinkle a baking tray with flour. Create small cookies with the help of a spoon and forming a ball with your hands.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. If they start to brown too quickly you should reduce the temperature.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
When is the best time to visit Portugal? If you're interested in travelling to Portugal, but want to learn more about the seasons, just watch this video.
This list of the top 5 most popular seafood recipes is put together using the amount of views on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Many people will make New Year’s resolutions, however the majority will also fail to achieve them. But making resolutions is still a good idea—with plenty of positive effects.
Watch this step by step video with Michael Santos to learn how to make this delicious Madeira chestnut cake.
Fish is delicious and nutritious, but it can really make your home stink sometimes, here is a tip on how to get rid of fish smell in your home.
Pastel de nata (Portuguese pronunciation: pastéis de nata is a Portuguese egg custard tart pastry dusted with cinnamon. Outside Portugal, they are particularly popular in other parts of Western Europe, Asia and...