This Portuguese potato salad is great during the summer or even winter and it never gets old. This is a must have recipe for your next cookout.
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 1/2 lbs of potatoes1/2 small onions finely chopped1 cup of frozen petite peas1 cup os chopped carrots about 1/4 inch cubes1 cup of frozen cut green beans (optional)1 tbsp of minced parsley1 tbsp of salt1/2 tsp of pepper1/2 tsp of garlic powder2 tbsp of Italian salad dressing1 cup of mayonnaise1/2 tsp of paprika6 hard boiled eggs (optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. (You may also leave skins on but scrub them well before cooking).
- Place the potatoes into salted water and let them come to a boil. After about 5 minutes add the carrots, and green beans.
- Let them come to another boil and cook for about 5 more minutes. Taste one piece of potato to be sure its almost done.
- Add peas and onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and let the mixture cool.
- When cool, add the remaining ingredients except eggs. Toss the ingredients or fold with plastic spatula. (Stir gently not to break the potatoes apart).
- (Chop eggs into fourths and add to mixture if desired)
- Place into serving dish and garnish with parsley and a sprinkle of paprika.
- The salad can be served at room temperature or chilled the next day. Take my advise and double up the recipe because you’ll wish you’d made more the next day!
You might also like:
These garlic fried potatoes with rosemary (batatinhas fritas com alho e alecrim) make the perfect side dish.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.