The result of this Portuguese carob brownies recipe is a delightfully sweet and uniquely tasting brownie that is easily on par, if not better than your average brownie.
2/3 cup of whole wheat flour1/3 cup of white flour1 teaspoon of baking powder2 eggs1/2 cup of butter2/3 cup of honey1 teaspoon of vanilla2 tablespoons of coconut oil260 gr of toasted carob powder1 tablespoon of melted butter3 tablespoons of skim milkGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, white flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter, coconut oil, and honey until smooth, add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In a third bowl blend the carob powder, melted butter and milk together, then pour into honey mixture, blending well. Add the flour mixture slowly stirring together until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a lightly oiled 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.