Portuguese Braga Rice Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Feb 28, 2017
5 out of 5 with 8 ratings
2 tablespoons of oil1 onion, chopped1 red bell pepper, sliced2 spring onions, chopped1/2 pound chicken thighs, cut into pieces1/2 pound chicken drumsticks, boned and cut into pieces2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley7 ounces of cubed cooked ham6 cups of water2 smoked pork sausages, sliced2 cubes chicken bouillon2 links pork sausage, casings removed and sliced3 leaves cabbage, sliced3 cups rice, rinsed and drained1 tablespoon of olive oil, or to taste4 tomatoes, chopped Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, chicken thighs, and drumsticks; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add ham, smoked sausages, and fresh sausages.
- Cook and stir until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir rice, tomatoes, red bell pepper, spring onions, salt, and parsley into the saucepan.
- Pour in water and add chicken bouillon cubes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until flavors are combined, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sliced cabbage.
- Continue to cook until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes more.