You will never fry pork chops again once you try this recipe because they come out moist and very flavorful.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||55 min|
|Ready In||1 h 10 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 pork chops (1 inch thick)2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of pepper1 teaspoon of garlic powder2 teaspoons of paprika2 eggs (beaten)2 cups of seasoned bread crumbsStuffing:3 Papo Seco rolls (cut into cubes)1 tablespoon olive oil1 tablespoon butter or margarine1 small onion (diced)1 small celery stalk2 cups of chicken broth (or 1 chicken bouillon with 2 cups of hot water)1 tablespoon of parsley (chopped)1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme1 cup cooked corn Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut a slit into each pork chop for stuffing. Season with the spices and set aside while you make the stuffing.
- Prepare stuffing by sauteing the onion and celery in the butter and oil for about 3 minutes until cooked. Add the bread and the rest of the stuffing ingredients except corn and mix well with a fork until the bread is soft and it has absorbed the broth. Add the corn and mix well. If you find the stuffing too wet add more bread, or add more broth if too dry.
- Place the beaten eggs and bread crumbs into 2 separate bowls big enough to hold the pork chops for dredging.
- Stuff the pork chops with about 2 or 3 tablespoons of stuffing and secure with 2 toothpicks. Coat chops with the egg on both sides, then dredge into the bread crumbs.
- Place on greased cooking tray and spray the tops with a coating of cooking spray.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and temperature reaches 165 degrees.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make Angela's caldo verde, often described as Portugal's national soup, is a hearty and comforting dish deeply rooted in the country's culinary heritage.
It's just a fact: the best breads die young. For this reason, we've all wondered how to keep bread fresh at one time or another.
Ever wonder which are the most popular recipes on our site? Here is a list of the top 10 Portuguese recipes on portugueserecipes.ca.