Enjoy this chicken meal on the BBQ or baked in the oven (frango grelhado). It may seem like a lot of work but if you get your herbs and spices ready, it’s quick to make.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 chicken thighsHalf tbsp smoked paprikaHalf tbsp sweet paprikaHalf tbsp ground cuminHalf tbsp ground coriander (cilantro seeds)1 tbsp oregano1 tbsp onion flakes or powder1 tbsp garlic powder1 sprig of rosemary3 sprigs of thyme or half tbsp dried3 bay leavesQuarter tbsp of chili powder or Cayenne pepper3 tbsp olive oil1 lemon (juice only)Salt and pepper3 red bell peppers (optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the chicken thighs into three or four bites size pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the herbs and spices, salt & pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, mix well, cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for three hours minimum. Ideally 24 hours.
- If barbecuing, brush the hot grill with vegetable oil and cook approx 3-5 minutes each side.
- If baking, rub some oil on your bell peppers (capsicums) and place in a sheet pan in a preheated hot oven and bake for 20 min at 440°F – 230°C.
- Once cooked there should be some black on them, cover with a cloth and leave to rest until cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove stalks with seeds and peel off the blistered skin. Slice into strips.
- Add the chicken to a baking dish along with the bell pepper strips. Mix well and bake for 30 min at 350°F – 180°C.
There are no comments for this recipe.