Portuguese Hot Piri Piri Chicken Fingers Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesMon, May 1, 2017
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
2 pounds of chicken tenders2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of pepper1 teaspoon of garlic powder1 teaspoon of paprika1 tablespoon of piri piri or hot sauceCooking spray for coating pan and chickenCoating:1 tablespoon of flour1 cup of bread crumbs1 cup of Panko bread crumbs1/2 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of garlic powder1 teaspoon of paprikaEgg wash:1 egg1 tablespoon of water1 tablespoon of piri piri or hot sauceSauce:1/4 cup of hot sauce2 tablespoons of melted butter * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large sheet pan with a heavy coating of cooking spray.
- Season chicken in a medium bowl. Toss and coat with piri piri. Set aside.
- Place the coating ingredients in a plastic bag and shake well to blend.
- Beat the egg wash ingredients in a small bowl until well incorporated.
- Dredge 3 or 4 pieces of chicken at a time in egg wash. Shake off excess then place in plastic bag. Shake to coat evenly.
- Place tenders evenly on sheet pan.
- Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into one piece. Chicken should not be pink. Turn over and cook a few minutes longer to achieve a darker crispy color on all sides if desired
- Mix the hot sauce with the butter and cook for 1 minute to blend flavors. Make a double batch if you like it really HOT!
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!