This Azorean upside down pineapple cake (bolo da ananás) recipe is very easy to make and is delicious.
4 eggs split into yolks and whites1 teaspoon of baking powder1 stick of butter (1/2 cup or 113g)1/2 cup of sugar1/2 cup of flour2 teaspoons of caramel sauce1 pineapple slicedGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Weigh the eggs and use an equal weight of both sugar and flour.
- Cream the sugar and butter together and when it's creamy, add the egg yolks and beat until well blended.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and beat until blended.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- In a deep cake tin pour a little caramel sauce and line the base with sliced pineapple.
- Pour the cake mixture over the pineapple and cover with further slices of pineapple.
- Bake in oven at 350F for about 15-20 or until ready.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
You might also like
This delicious cream cake (bolo de natas) also contains grated coconut and orange juice / zest.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
This simple Chocolate chip cheesecake is so easy to make, thanks to Kelly Rodrigues for sending it in.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.