This Portuguese orange roll (torta de laranja) recipe makes a dessert to die for, it will become a hit with everyone that tries it.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar1 tablespoon of cornstarch1 cup of orange juiceOrange zest (to taste)Sugar (to taste), to garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix, than add and mix the sugar slowly.
- Add the orange zest, than the orange juice mixed with the cornstarch.
- Pour the preparation into a rectangular sheet pan smeared with margarine and sprinkled with sugar.
- Bake in a oven at 180°C OR 350°F for about 20 minutes. Don't preheat the oven.
- Once it's baked, place it in another sheet pan sprinkled with sugar.
- Roll it with the help of a cloth.
do you eat this cake hot or cold? can you prepare it in advance? How long would it keep? Thanks!
8 months ago, Wednesday, March 8, 2023
I spread my dough on parchment paper and then it is easy to roll without breaking. And YES, it is rolled while warm.
9 months ago, Thursday, February 9, 2023
Hi love all your recipes. For this one do you wait until it’s cold to switch it to another baking sheet? Also how do you switch it without getting it apart? Do you have a video on how to roll it also ? Thank you
1 year ago, Wednesday, September 21, 2022
You might also like:
Here is Tia Maria's easy recipe for CALDO VERDE using Kale as a substitute.
How to make banana bread with a Madeira wine glaze, banana bread is a delicious and popular baked treat that has gained immense popularity worldwide.
How to make pan roasted chestnuts, a delectable treat, especially popular during the fall and winter seasons.