This Portuguese chouriço and quinoa salad recipe (Salada de Quinoa com Chouriço), makes a very flavorful hearty meal.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup of quinoa1 avocado sliced3 tablespoons of olive oil1 link of chouriço sliced1/2 cup of grape tomatoes2 drops of lemon juice1/4 cup of chopped parsleySalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Slice the avocado into medium sized slices and the grape tomatoes into halves. Set them in a separate bowl aside with the chopped parsley.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan along with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook it on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes or until done.
- As it is cooking place the sliced chourico on a skillet with the rest of the olive oil and let it cook on low heat until the quinoa is done.
- Once the quinoa is done, place the finished quinoa in the saucepan onto the skillet.
- Flash fry the quinoa and chouriço in the skillet on high heat for about 5 minutes until the chouriço has browned.
- Once done place the chourico and quinoa into the bowl you placed aside with the tomatoes, avocado, and parsley and quickly toss them together in a bowl for serving.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with 2 drops of lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are no comments for this recipe.