This Portuguese spiritual cod recipe makes an unforgettable meal. Enjoy!
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 Cod loins2 Onions1 Bay leaf8 Medium potatoes (for mashed potatoes)PicklesOlive oil (to taste)Vinegar (to taste)Mayonnaise (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Boil the poatoes.
- Cut the onions in half moons and place it in a pan with plenty of olive oil (should at least cover the onion), add a little vinegar, salt and bay leaf, cook well and set aside.
- Pass the cod on wheat flour and fry, drain well and reserve as well.
- Make the mashed potatoes.
- On a platter arrange a good layer of onion, place the cod loins in the center and the mashed potatoes puree on the sides.
- Over the cod add a little more onion, chop the small pickles and place them on top of the cod/onion, finish by spreading a little mayonnaise over the pickles and bake until it starts to get golden brown.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Caldo verde (pronounced [ˈkaɫdu ˈveɾðɨ], Portuguese for
Here's some recipe ideas for your next family BBQ, this list was put together by my son Michael.
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos shows you how to make Portuguese flame grilled chouriço (chouriço a bombeiro) step by step.
How to make Portuguese malasada bites, malasadas are delectable and fluffy deep-fried pastries that hold a cherished place in Portuguese culinary culture.
This list of the top 5 Portuguese desserts was compiled by Michael Costa according to his individual taste, don't count the calories lol.