Portuguese Beans with Turnip Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Sun, Jun 4, 2017, 14:09:30, 3 Weeks ago
This Recipe Has Been Viewed:
"Like" our Facebook Page:
250 gr of cooked butter beans3 large turnip heads1 medium onionOlive oil2 bay leafs1 medium ripe tomato1 sprig of parsleySweet paprika (to taste)Smoked bacon (to taste)10 slices of Portuguese sausageSalt (to taste)
- Over medium heat, add some olive oil to a pan, add the slices of sausage and the smoked bacon cut into cubes and let it fry (just a little), than add the onion.
- When the onion begins to brown add the peeled tomato seeded and cut into small pieces, bay leafs, the chopped parsley and paprika.
- Cook a little until the tomatoes dissolve into a sauce.
- Add the baked beans and some water.
- Add the sliced turnip heads, salt and cook over low heat until the turnips are well cooked.
- Serve right away!