This Portuguese beans with turnip soup recipe (sopa de feijão com nabo) makes a delicious, healthy and quick meal in no time.
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
250 gr of cooked butter beans3 large turnip heads1 medium onionOlive oil2 bay leafs1 medium ripe tomato1 sprig of parsleySweet paprika (to taste)Smoked bacon (to taste)10 slices of chouriço Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Over medium heat, add some olive oil to a pan, add the slices of chouriço and the smoked bacon cut into cubes and let it fry (just a little), than add the onion.
- When the onion begins to brown add the peeled tomato seeded and cut into small pieces, bay leafs, the chopped parsley and paprika.
- Cook a little until the tomatoes dissolve into a sauce.
- Add the baked beans and some water.
- Add the sliced turnip heads, salt and cook over low heat until the turnips are well cooked.
- Serve right away!
You might also like:
Here's some recipe ideas for your next family BBQ, this list was put together by my son Michael.
The best things to do in Lisbon Portugal are not always easy to figure out. Especially during the new normal.
Watch this step by step video from DIYwithnancyg on how to make this Portuguese style shrimp recipe (receita de camarão).