Portuguese Cheese Flan Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Wed, Jun 7, 2017, 08:09, 1 Year ago
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
1 lb of goat cheese (you can also use queijo fresco/fresh cheese)1 lb of sugar2 cups of water12 egg yolks4 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the sugar in a saucepan with some water until it reaches to the consistency of a thick syrup and reserve tablespoon of the syrup and set aside.
- Add the cheese to the pan and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from heat and combine with beaten egg yolks and egg whites. Stir it well until it is a smooth and even consistency.
- Cover the bottom of the greased baking mold with the tablespoon of reserved sugar syrup.
- Now pour the mixture into mold.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Once done, remove from the oven to let cool.
- Remove from the mold and Serve.