This Portuguese cheese flan (Pudim de Queijo) recipe is a great dessert for those who enjoy a nice combination of sweet and sour and it's very simple and easy to make.
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of goat cheese (you can also use queijo fresco/fresh cheese)1 lb of sugar12 egg yolks4 egg whites Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the sugar in a saucepan with some water until it reaches to the consistency of a thick syrup and reserve tablespoon of the syrup and set aside.
- Add the cheese to the pan and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from heat and combine with beaten egg yolks and egg whites. Stir it well until it is a smooth and even consistency.
- Cover the bottom of the greased baking mold with the tablespoon of reserved sugar syrup.
- Now pour the mixture into mold.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Once done, remove from the oven to let cool.
- Remove from the mold and Serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese appetizer recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Chris from Don't Go Bacon My Heart shows you how to make this delicious piri piri chicken pasta, it's creamy, nice & spicy and loaded with so much flavour!.
Portugal is easily one of Europe’s most visited countries, thanks in large part to its affordability, ideal holiday weather, and its incomparable attractions.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
Here are 5 great Portuguese recipe books I highly recommend you get for yourself or someone you know who loves Portuguese food.
Watch Nancy step by step as she shows you how to make carne de porco à Alentejana (Portuguese pork and clams).