Cookbook author Maria Dias (Tia Maria) named this Portuguese style sloppy Joes sliders recipe after Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal won the Euro in 2016.
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 pounds of ground beef or turkey1 pound of chourico or linguica sausage (skin removed and ground in processor)2 medium onions (finely minced)4 cloves garlic (finely minced)2 cups of crushed tomatoes2 teaspoons of salt1/4 teaspoon of pepper2 cups of ketchup1 tablespoon tomato paste to thicken if necessary1 tablespoon of piri piri hot sauceHamburger buns Get Portuguese ingredients
- Brown the ground beef in a large heavy saucepan or skillet.
- Drain the fat and add the onions and garlic to pan.
- Cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes until translucent along with the beef.
- Add the chouriço and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Taste and add more ketchup or brown sugar if you want more sweetness. Add the hot sauce if desired.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes on low until the sauce and meats are thick and rich.
- Add the tomato paste to thicken sauce if needed.
- Serve on warm buns.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The best things to do in Lisbon Portugal are not always easy to figure out. Especially during the new normal.
Here is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese bread recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca
With Portuguese haute cuisine, the world's gourmet dining experience has become significantly more diverse, and it would take an entire cookbook to list and describe all of the dishes available.