The ingredients for this fried chicken with beer (frango frito com cerveja) recipe are fairly simple, but the end result is delicious.
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 chicken4 carrots2 onionsBeer (You can use most regular beers, not light)Oil3-4 cloves of garlic1 chicken stock cubeBread crumbsSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the jointed chicken, chopped carrots, onions and crushed garlic into a saucepan together with the stock cube and enough beer to cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is tender, approximately 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Remove the chicken and reserve stock.
- Roll the chicken pieces in seasoned breadcrumbs and fry in deep hot oil until golden brown.
- Puree the vegetable stock to form a sauce, and return to the saucepan and reheat.
- Thicken with a little cornflour if necessary.
- Pour over the chicken and serve with rice, enjoy!
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook With Michael Santos shows you how to make a popular and delicious Portuguese chicken soup (Canja).
Caldo verde (pronounced [ˈkaɫdu ˈveɾðɨ], Portuguese for
Ponta Delgada, Portuguese for 'thin point', is the largest municipality and administrative capital of the Autonomous Region of the Azores in Portugal located on the south coast of São Miguel Island, the largest and...