Portuguese Fried Chicken with Beer Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Poultry
Jun 21, 2017
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
1 chicken4 carrots2 onionsBeer (You can use most regular beers, not light)Oil3-4 cloves of garlic1 chicken stock cubeBread crumbsSalt and pepper (to taste)
- Place the jointed chicken, chopped carrots, onions and crushed garlic into a saucepan together with the stock cube and enough beer to cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is tender, approximately 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Remove the chicken and reserve stock.
- Roll the chicken pieces in seasoned breadcrumbs and fry in deep hot oil until golden brown.
- Puree the vegetable stock to form a sauce, and return to the saucepan and reheat.
- Thicken with a little cornflour if necessary.
- Pour over the chicken and serve with rice, enjoy!
You Might Also Like These