Portuguese Cornbread Filled with Cod Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesMon, Jul 3, 2017
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 small round cornbread2 cod loins1 onion1 bay leaf3 garlic clovesRed pepper (to taste)Thinly cut celery (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut a lid on the bread and remove the crumb and put aside.
- Cook the cod loins in water, when its cooked, remove the skin and break the cod into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion slices in olive oil, add the bay leaf, the crushed garlic, the celery and the pepper strips. Then add the cod, parsley and pepper.
- Add the crumb from the bread you removed earlier and stir very well for the bread to soak in the oil. If it is too dry, add more olive oil.
- Put this mixture inside the bread, put the lid on the bread and wrap in foil.
- Bake at medium temperature for about 45 minutes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!