These Madeira and bay leaf kebabs are perfect for summer, serve these espetadas on slices or chunks of Portuguese bread for soaking up the juices.
1 1/2 pounds of beef tenderloin steaks or boneless sirloin 1/4 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of red wine vinegar1 onion, finely chopped 1/2 cup of parsley4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped 1 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground 12 bay leaves Portuguese bread, for serving* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Trim any sinews and excess fat off the beef, then cut the meat into 2-inch cubes.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, bay leaves and pepper in a large nonreactive baking dish.
- Add the beef and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the beef and bay leaves from the marinade and thread onto the skewers, dividing the bay leaves among the kebabs.
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
- Arrange the kebabs on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the meat is cooked to taste, 2 to 3 minutes per side (8 to 12 minutes in all) for medium-rare.
- Baste the kebabs with any excess marinade, but not during the last 3 minutes.
- Serve on chunks of Portuguese bread for soaking up the juices.
Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.