This Portuguese Nandos style piri piri chicken recipe makes succulent and super crispy chicken drumsticks, perfect for sharing. Serve with corn on the cob.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
8 chicken drumsticks2 corn on the cobs3 tbsp of olive oil5 garlic cloves (peeled)1 tsp of butter1 tsp of mild paprika½ tsp of piri piri seasoning3 bay leafs1 small fresh red chilli pepper½ handful of fresh parsleySalt & pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop up your corn on the cob into 3rds so that you have 6 equal small pieces. Place it into the steamer basket inside of your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water beneath. Set the lid to sealing and cook for 15 minutes on the steamer button.
- Into your blender place the olive oil, paprika, garlic, bay leafs, parsley and the red chilli. Give them a whizz until it is grainy but not smooth.
- Place your chicken drumsticks onto a clean chopping board. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then using a pastry brush, brush the blender marinade over the chicken drumsticks.
- Place them in the Airfryer in the grill pan and cook for 12 minutes at 180c/356F.
- Remove the corn on the cob from the Instant Pot (when it beeps) using quick pressure release. Place it onto the chopping board and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of piri piri seasoning.
- Then cook for a further 3 minutes at 200c/392f on the other side, along with the corn on the cob. This will give them that barbecue well done look.
- Add a small amount of butter to the corn on the cob and serve with the piri piri chicken drumlets.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The Island of São Jorge in the Azores, is home to one of the richest and most elaborate cheeses on Earth, São Jorge cheese.
Portugal is easily one of Europe’s most visited countries, thanks in large part to its affordability, ideal holiday weather, and its incomparable attractions.
In this video we go on a day trip from Lisbon to visit the beautiful Sintra to explore the magical palaces there.