Portuguese Nandos Style Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Jul 18, 2017
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
8 chicken drumsticks2 corn on the cobs3 tbsp of olive oil5 garlic cloves (peeled)1 tsp of butter1 tsp of mild paprika½ tsp of piri piri seasoning3 bay leafs1 small fresh red chilli pepper½ handful of fresh parsleySalt & pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Chop up your corn on the cob into 3rds so that you have 6 equal small pieces. Place it into the steamer basket inside of your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water beneath. Set the lid to sealing and cook for 15 minutes on the steamer button.
- Into your blender place the olive oil, paprika, garlic, bay leafs, parsley and the red chilli. Give them a whizz until it is grainy but not smooth.
- Place your chicken drumsticks onto a clean chopping board. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then using a pastry brush, brush the blender marinade over the chicken drumsticks.
- Place them in the Airfryer in the grill pan and cook for 12 minutes at 180c/356F.
- Remove the corn on the cob from the Instant Pot (when it beeps) using quick pressure release. Place it onto the chopping board and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of piri piri seasoning.
- Then cook for a further 3 minutes at 200c/392f on the other side, along with the corn on the cob. This will give them that barbecue well done look.
- Add a small amount of butter to the corn on the cob and serve with the piri piri chicken drumlets.