A delicious Portuguese spicy rice cooked to perfection in the instant pot and served with the piri piri chicken of your choice.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Instant pot200g or 7oz of risotto rice3 tbsp of homemade nandos marinade3 medium garlic cloves¼ red pepperHandful of green peas2 limes (juice and rind)1 veggie OXO cube1 tbsp of olive oilPinch of saffron1 tbsp of parsley1 tbsp of coriander1 tbsp of thymeSalt & pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Mix the marinade with the OXO cube and a cup of warm water and place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot with the saffron. Mix it with the rice and place the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and cook for 10 minutes on the rice setting.
- While the rice is cooking peel and dice your red onion. Peel your garlic cloves and thinly slice the garlic. Dice the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- In a medium sized pan on the hob cook the red pepper, green peas, garlic, red onion with a little olive oil, until it has some colour.
- Add the rind and the juice from the lime and stir well.
- When the Instant Pot beeps manually release pressure and give it a quick mix with a wooden spoon. Add to your Instant Pot rice your cooked ingredients from your pan.
- Stir the ingredients into the rice along with the rest of your seasonings.
- Mix well, taste and if needed add extra salt and pepper before serving.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
During the fall and winter you can freeze the chestnuts you have in excess. It's an easy process that ensures you have good quality chestnuts for use all year round!
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).