Portuguese Nandos Style Spicy Rice Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesFri, Jul 21, 2017
3 out of 5 with 12 ratings
Instant pot200g or 7oz of risotto rice3 tbsp of homemade nandos marinade3 medium garlic cloves¼ red pepperHandful of green peas2 limes (juice and rind)1 veggie OXO cube1 tbsp of olive oilPinch of saffron1 tbsp of parsley1 tbsp of coriander1 tbsp of thymeSalt & pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Mix the marinade with the OXO cube and a cup of warm water and place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot with the saffron. Mix it with the rice and place the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and cook for 10 minutes on the rice setting.
- While the rice is cooking peel and dice your red onion. Peel your garlic cloves and thinly slice the garlic. Dice the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- In a medium sized pan on the hob cook the red pepper, green peas, garlic, red onion with a little olive oil, until it has some colour.
- Add the rind and the juice from the lime and stir well.
- When the Instant Pot beeps manually release pressure and give it a quick mix with a wooden spoon. Add to your Instant Pot rice your cooked ingredients from your pan.
- Stir the ingredients into the rice along with the rest of your seasonings.
- Mix well, taste and if needed add extra salt and pepper before serving.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!