Portuguese Bread Pudding Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the raisins.
- Generously butter the bread with the softened butter. Submerge the bread in the egg mixture and set aside for a least 20 minutes. Use your hands or a large spoon to break the soaked bread into smaller chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 350°F and generously butter a 9x11 inch baking dish.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the baking dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the pudding puffs and browns and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with vanilla ice cream.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These