Portuguese Bread Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Jul 24, 2017
4 out of 5 with 32 ratings
4 eggs1 cup of sugar4 cups of whole milk1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract1/2 tsp of cinnamon1/4 tsp of nutmeg1/2 cup of raisins3 tbsp of butter, softened8 ounces of sliced Portuguese bread3 tbsp of butter, meltedVanilla ice cream Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the raisins.
- Generously butter the bread with the softened butter. Submerge the bread in the egg mixture and set aside for a least 20 minutes. Use your hands or a large spoon to break the soaked bread into smaller chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 350°F and generously butter a 9x11 inch baking dish.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the baking dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the pudding puffs and browns and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with vanilla ice cream.