This recipe for Portuguese beef skewers is amazingly simple to make and is delicious.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
For the Marinade:8 garlic cloves, minced15 bay leaves50g of shallots¼ cup of Madeiran wine¼ cup of olive oil1 tsp of ground black pepper1/2 tsp of saltFor the Skewers:600g of beef (such as strip steak, tenderloin or sirloin) cut into bite-sized cubes1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized piecesA handful of cherry tomatoes Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a small food processor/ blender and process until smooth.
- Combine the marinade with the beef cubes in a bowl and mix well, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour – but overnight is highly recommended.
- Remove from the fridge at least ½ hour before intending to cook so the meat can get to room temperature.
- Thread the marinated beef chunks onto skewers, alternating with the green pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the skewers on a BBQ/ Grill or under a broiler.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Here are 25 highly-rated restaurants in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, based on online ratings and reviews.
Learn how to make Caldo Verde, an amazingly delicious Portuguese sausage, kale, and potato soup! This is comfort food at its finest.
This papas (Portuguese porridge) recipe from Just Cook with Michael Santos is easy, quick to make and delicious.