Portuguese Beef Skewers Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Aug 1, 2017
0 out of 5 with ratings
8 garlic cloves, minced15 bay leaves50g of shallots¼ cup of Madeiran wine¼ cup of olive oil1 tsp of ground black pepper1/2 tsp of saltFor the Skewers:600g of beef (such as strip steak, tenderloin or sirloin) cut into bite-sized cubes1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized piecesA handful of cherry tomatoes
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a small food processor/ blender and process until smooth.
- Combine the marinade with the beef cubes in a bowl and mix well, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour – but overnight is highly recommended.
- Remove from the fridge at least ½ hour before intending to cook so the meat can get to room temperature.
- Thread the marinated beef chunks onto skewers, alternating with the green pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the skewers on a BBQ/ Grill or under a broiler.
You Might Also Like These