Portuguese Crab Boil Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Aug 3, 2017
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
- Set aside the crabs in a bowl off to the side.
- Fill a 5 gallon pot half way with water. Add all the ingredients except for the crabs. Bring it to a rapid boil on high heat.
- Once the water is boiling begin to add the crabs to the pot. They will likely need to be cooked in 1-2 batches depending on the size of the pot.
- The crabs will need to boil for about 25 minutes. Stir the pot well as they cook.
- They will begin to float when they are fully cooked. At this point you can pull them from the water and let them cool in a serving platter.
- They are ready to serve once done cooking.
- Notice: Crabs will stay fresh in the fridge for about a week, you can also freeze them right after they are boiled and store them in the freezer.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!