Portuguese Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Aug 8, 2017
5 out of 5 with 5 ratings
2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of dry yeast1 tsp of salt1 tsp of sugar½ cup of warm water1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in water.
- In a large bowl, place the flour in the center and make a hole in the middle.
- In the hole, place the water with the yeast, the butter, the salt and the sugar.
- With your hands, start mixing everything and knead the dough well.
- When the dough is well mixed, make a ball and cover with a towel.
- Let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- After 2 hours, when the dough doubles in size, place in a baking tray previously sprinkled with flour.
- Mold the batter-shaped dough.
- With a knife, lightly stroke the top of the dough.
- Brush the dough with water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C 400°F with a tray with some water under it so that the crust of the bread is crispy.
- Let bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the bread is done I take it out of the oven and let it cool.
You Might Also Like These