Portuguese Sardine Stew Recipe
- Clean the scales, remove the guts and heads of the sardines, place them in a bowl with coarse salt and let it sit for about 2 hours.
- In a pot, place the olive oil and the chopped onion, add the sardines on top (after rinsing them in cold water). Add the tomatoes, the garlic, bay leaves, peri-peri pepper, parsley, mint leaves, oregano, sweet chilli and red pepper.
- Drizzle with the white wine.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil over low heat.
- When cooked, uncover the pan and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot accompanied with boiled potatoes.
You Might Also Like These