Portuguese Turkey Gizzards with Beer Recipe
Posted in: Xtra RecipesThu, Aug 31, 2017
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
Views: 13987 - Comments 0
1 kg of turkey gizzards, well cleaned and cut into pieces1/2 of a beer1/2 cup of rum6 cloves of garlic2 tablespoons of tomato paste3 tablespoons of olive oilSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Sweet paprika (to taste)Thyme (to taste)2 bay leafsParsley, to garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the gizzards and braise them.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir.
- Add the rum and let it flame until it goes out.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, thyme and bay leaves.
- Stir well and add the tomato paste, stirring well.
- Finally, add the beer.
- Let it simmer for about 1 hour stirring regularly, add water if the sauce evaporates.
Recipe & Photo Credit: aculinriadamissy.blogspot.pt